Sarcasm: the body's natural defense against STUPID.
You reserve the right to be stupid and I reserve the right to think so. And to blog about it...
:)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blogging....

Truth be told, I've never even thought about blogging before. I always considered it a little nerdy and not really my style.  But I decided that I love to write, I'm pretty honest about my opinions and I'm easily bored so this could be interesting.  Why not.
So I think my first blog-rant is going to have to be takin' a dig at society and all the princess-y crap it feeds girls today.  Every little girl grows up reading princess stories, watching princess movies, being told that "If you only follow your heart," your life will turn out absolutely perfect, you'll eventually capture the heart of your Prince Charming and you'll never have to worry your pretty little head ever again.  Beauty is what the world revolves around.  Ironically, society is obsessed with "natural beauties" but no one appreciates natural beauty! Even the photos of models who are supposed to look "natural" are smothered in makeup, slow roasted with anorexia, and contain dash of photo-shop. Yummy.
Have you ever noticed that in every book that claims to be realistic, the girl still gets the guy? Have you also happened to notice that in real life, that accomplishment is quite rare? I'm a bookworm, a once daydreamer/ hopeless romantic, and now an observant realist, and I have taken note of these things.  I recently read a book called "If I Have the Ugly Stepmother, Where's My Prince Charming?" and I thought, "Great.  A realistic book about life as it is; where the plain girl actually doesn't have the perfect life and a book that's not shoving unrealistic dreams into your head."   I jooke :) She got her Prince Charming in the end too.  I won't lie, it was a fantastic ending and left me warm and fuzzy inside with the expectations that one day my life would achieve perfection as well.  Then I got confused.  "Wait... I thought this was supposed to be realistic?  I mean great, yeah that works for some people but what about the majority of the population who don't have their lives in order, whose lives aren't swimming in perfection and who don't reach their 'Happily Ever After' at the ripe old age of 15?"
Everyone loves to believe in fairytales.  I'd love to.  But that's just not life.  There are small fairytales scattered throughout our days but in a world of hate and suffering, there's no way for them to last.  Just a thought. 
I recently wrote a song about this exact topic.  I'll post it later. It most definitely is NOT one of my greater works. But yeah:)

No comments:

Post a Comment